Sunday, October 11, 2009

Costco - Worth the membership fee?

Plain and simply, yes! I have been a member at Costco for a few years now and I could not live without them. Costco is where I shop for the majority of food products that come into our home. For meat, eggs and dairy their pricing is unbeatable. I do a Costco trip once a month after that I only buy the bargins that I post here at www.iebestdeals.com

I wanted to take some photos of the local Corona, CA Costco to show and tell but I wussed out. Well I did get a shot of the cheese section.

You can click the photos for larger views.
The $9.89 price is for 5lb bags
and the $5.29 is 2.5lb bags.


I did photo some items at home and will share the prices paid. Here we have local Norco,CA XL eggs, 18 count at $1.67

Sour Cream $3.59 - Cottage Cheese $4.99 - Cream Cheese $6.79
Note these are 3 LB tubs

1LB Spring Mix Salad $3.79

3Lb Bag Broccoli Florets $3.99
(This broccoli pack is 3 days old)
Costco Produce is Very Fresh

Here we have Costco Organic Rasin Bran - Regular Price at $7.39
This may sound high at first but this is a 56oz package.
Ralphs has this week on sale Kellogs Raisin Bran at $1.47 but that is 11.4 oz.
You can see the difference in quality...take a look.

Here is something that I have yet to try:
6 LB Bag Of Italian Style Meatballs $13.29



All in all I consider Costco a fantastic store. They have an unmatched return policy. Most items can be returned back at ANYTIME. I have seen people whom abuse this policy returning multi year old dented and dirty refrigerators without hassle. I returned a 4 month old portable AC unit which cost $700+ due to a squeak it had started to make. They did not even inquire as to why, they paid me back in cash (I had made original payment via debit card)

The only exception to this policy is TV and Computers. Due to abuse they have recently placed a 3 month limit on these items. They also have a Satisfaction Guarantee that states at anytime during your membership if you are unhappy for any reason you are entitled to full reimbursement of the current years membership. It does not matter if you are on your 1st month or 12th month.

For $50 a year and a Satisfaction Guarantee I think a Costco membership is a risk free investment!


* If you have any questions about Costco please comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment